You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
— Carnegie, Dale
The importance of good friends can’t be over-stated. They are vitally important to our lives. Research has shown that we live longer, remain productive longer and suffer fewer illness when we have a strong friend base. Friends give us support, they help keep us grounded in reality, they make us laugh, they cry with us, but most of all the keep us connected to something outside of ourselves that makes life worth living.
What is Friendship Coaching?
Friendship coaching consists of:
- Taking stock of where you are now in terms of your friendships and where you would like to be.
- Discovering what you really want and need in a friend, whether your current friendships provide these things, and what you need to do to improve your relationships so that they will support you.
Why do I Need a Friendship Coach?
- You have moved and have yet to find your niche in your new community.
- Your children have left home and now you find that you have little in common with the people in your social circle.
- You never had many friends and want to meet people and develop friendships.
- Your friendships are shallow and you want to deepen them.
- You and your friends have gone in different directions in life, and you want to decide which friendships you want to salvage and which you would rather leave alone.
- You want to look around at the people in your life and see if there are some that you want to move from acquaintance to friend status and develop a plan to do that.
There are many reasons why you may not be satisfied with your friendships. But there is no reason for you to stay stuck where you are. You can make friends, sustain important friendships, and experience the joy of connection with like-minded people.
If you would like to discuss how I can help you in your friendships, contact me today.