What is ADD/ADHD Coaching?
ADD/ADHD Coaching is an important part of a comprehensive program for adults with ADD/ADHD. Through coaching, clients learn to own and take responsibility for their ADD/ADHD. They learn to communicate with and negotiate their relationships. Those in relationship with an Adult with ADD/ADHD might also benefit from coaching. While there are many traits that people who have ADD/ADHD have in common, the coaching process is individualized. Systems and strategies are developed that promote good habits so that ADD/ADHD clients can be successful in relationships, at work, and in their everyday lives.
How Will Coaching Help?
Many adults with ADD/ADHD have never experienced the unconditional support and positive regard that comes from the coaching relationship. During coaching the adult with ADD/ADHD will:
- Learn to negotiate relationships
- Identify strengths
- Identify values that can support growth
- Identify personal challenges
- Develop personal awareness, responsibility, and self-regulation
- Develop good social and communication skills
- Understand and develop good boundaries
- Stop procrastination in it’s tracks
- Increase follow through
- Create customized systems
- Learn how to keep track of projects
- Improve consistency and effectiveness.
- Experience accountability from the Coach
Through Coaching, adults with ADD/ADHD will become empowered to take control over their lives and relationships. There really is no substitution for an effective coaching relationship for the adult with ADD/ADHD. To set up an appointment to see if you might benefit from coaching, please contact me today.